Parable of Ye cannot serve God and mammon the Dishonest Steward
KJV Luke 16:1-15
(1) And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
(2) And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
(3) Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
(4) I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
(5) So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
(6) And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
(7) Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
(8) And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
(9) And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
(10) He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
(11) If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
(12) And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
(13) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(14) And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
(15) And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Jesus Christ Forums Site Tree
|Web-Ministry Site Tree
Simple Rules for this Site!
Posted by Webmaster on Saturday, August 31 2002
Web-Ministry is intended for the Glory of God.
Please try to be respectful of God and to be reverent toward His Word, which is the Holy Bible.
Some may not be Christian nor agree with Christian theology in general,
but please be respectful of those that do and to Christendom in general.
People from all walks of life and backgrounds of faith are welcome here,
including the backslidden and nonbelievers, as well.
We may not all agree... but we can agree to disagree, at least.
However, any potential disagreements still need to remain civil in nature, and should stay as such.
Please, just debate the points of your position, if necessary, and refrain from ad hominem attacks.
Slandering and name calling serve no productive purpose.
Posting rules are based upon decent conduct and generally acceptable chat behavior and,
also, on Christian beliefs and morals found in the Holy Bible.
Please refrain from using offensive language or obscenely suggestive innuendo.
Usernames that are not becoming of basic common decency and morality are not to be used and may possibly result in membership cancellation.
Refusing to follow forum rules may result in membership cancellation and possibly some or all applicable posts being deleted and if necessary... entire threads.
If you feel these things to be unacceptable, please find another forum to post on.Thank you.