Parable of the Sower
KJV Matthew 13:3-23
(3) And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
(4) And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
(5) Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
(6) And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
(7) And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
(8) But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
(9) Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
(10) And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
(11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
(12) For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
(13) Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
(14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
(15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I
(16) But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
(17) For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
(18) Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
(19) When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
(20) But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
(21) Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
(22) He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
(23) But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
|Web-Ministry Site Tree
Simple Rules for this Site!
Posted by Webmaster on Saturday, August 31 2002
Web-Ministry is intended for the Glory of God.
Please try to be respectful of God and to be reverent toward His Word, which is the Holy Bible.
Some may not be Christian nor agree with Christian theology in general,
but please be respectful of those that do and to Christendom in general.
People from all walks of life and backgrounds of faith are welcome here,
including the backslidden and nonbelievers, as well.
We may not all agree... but we can agree to disagree, at least.
However, any potential disagreements still need to remain civil in nature, and should stay as such.
Please, just debate the points of your position, if necessary, and refrain from ad hominem attacks.
Slandering and name calling serve no productive purpose.
Posting rules are based upon decent conduct and generally acceptable chat behavior and,
also, on Christian beliefs and morals found in the Holy Bible.
Please refrain from using offensive language or obscenely suggestive innuendo.
Usernames that are not becoming of basic common decency and morality are not to be used and may possibly result in membership cancellation.
Refusing to follow forum rules may result in membership cancellation and possibly some or all applicable posts being deleted and if necessary... entire threads.
If you feel these things to be unacceptable, please find another forum to post on.Thank you.