Parable of the Great Supper
KJV Luke 14:15-24
(15) And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
(16) Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
(17) And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
(18) And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
(19) And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
(20) And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
(21) So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
(22) And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
(23) And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
(24) For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.
Jesus Christ Forums Site Tree
|Web-Ministry Site Tree
Simple Rules for this Site!
Posted by Webmaster on Saturday, August 31 2002
Web-Ministry is intended for the Glory of God.
Please try to be respectful of God and to be reverent toward His Word, which is the Holy Bible.
Some may not be Christian nor agree with Christian theology in general,
but please be respectful of those that do and to Christendom in general.
People from all walks of life and backgrounds of faith are welcome here,
including the backslidden and nonbelievers, as well.
We may not all agree... but we can agree to disagree, at least.
However, any potential disagreements still need to remain civil in nature, and should stay as such.
Please, just debate the points of your position, if necessary, and refrain from ad hominem attacks.
Slandering and name calling serve no productive purpose.
Posting rules are based upon decent conduct and generally acceptable chat behavior and,
also, on Christian beliefs and morals found in the Holy Bible.
Please refrain from using offensive language or obscenely suggestive innuendo.
Usernames that are not becoming of basic common decency and morality are not to be used and may possibly result in membership cancellation.
Refusing to follow forum rules may result in membership cancellation and possibly some or all applicable posts being deleted and if necessary... entire threads.
If you feel these things to be unacceptable, please find another forum to post on.Thank you.