Parable of the Kings Marriage Feast
KJV Matthew 22:2-14
(2) The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
(3) And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
(4) Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
(5) But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
(6) And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
(7) But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
(8) Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
(9) Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
(10) So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
(11) And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
(12) And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
(13) Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(14) For many are called, but few are chosen.
Jesus Christ Forums Site Tree
|Web-Ministry Site Tree
Simple Rules for this Site!
Posted by Webmaster on Saturday, August 31 2002
Web-Ministry is intended for the Glory of God.
Please try to be respectful of God and to be reverent toward His Word, which is the Holy Bible.
Some may not be Christian nor agree with Christian theology in general,
but please be respectful of those that do and to Christendom in general.
People from all walks of life and backgrounds of faith are welcome here,
including the backslidden and nonbelievers, as well.
We may not all agree... but we can agree to disagree, at least.
However, any potential disagreements still need to remain civil in nature, and should stay as such.
Please, just debate the points of your position, if necessary, and refrain from ad hominem attacks.
Slandering and name calling serve no productive purpose.
Posting rules are based upon decent conduct and generally acceptable chat behavior and,
also, on Christian beliefs and morals found in the Holy Bible.
Please refrain from using offensive language or obscenely suggestive innuendo.
Usernames that are not becoming of basic common decency and morality are not to be used and may possibly result in membership cancellation.
Refusing to follow forum rules may result in membership cancellation and possibly some or all applicable posts being deleted and if necessary... entire threads.
If you feel these things to be unacceptable, please find another forum to post on.Thank you.